Information for international students
LMU students who have successfully navigated the academic waters mentor freshmen.
The Peer-to-Peer-Mentoring Program (P2P-Mentoring for short) is a mentoring program for students in their first year and was established in 2012 as part of Lehre@LMU. We aim to make the start at LMU easier for new students by matching them with ecxperienced students of the same subject as mentors. P2P-Mentoring is open fo rfreshmen and also students in the first year of their Master's studies. It is affiliated with the LMU Center for Leadership and People Management and is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Information for mentors
Your benefits as a mentor:
- Free training in mentoring with focus on communication and consulting
- Get a mentoring certificate (training and mentoring)
- Enhance your soft skills and gain first leadership experience
- Pass on your experience and take on responsibility
- Interdisciplinary networking and exchange of experiences
Please note, that the "mentor-training" is mandatory for all new P2P-Mentors. Please enroll for the two-day mentor-training workshops (Basics and Tools) via LSF after your registration. For instruction how to enroll see the document below (Downloads).
Information for freshmen
As you begin your LMU experience, you can have the support, encouragement, and guidance of a peer mentor throughout your first months. The program offically ends at the end of december 2020. In agreement with your peer mentor you can extend the mentoring until the end of the summer semester 2021.
Peer mentors . . .
- ... offer a knowledgeable, listening ear.
- ... guide you in finding answers to a wide range of questions.
- ... are eager to help you along the path of discovery.
- ... volunteer their time.
Your benefits as mentee
- Discover LMU and Munich
- Get handy tips on university administration and the progress of your major (e.g. schedule, signing up for exams)
- Get to know learning techniques and time management strategies (e.g. how to prepare for exams)
- Socialize and take part in common, varying leisure activities
- Get the opportunity to participate in workshops about varying topics
Who can participate?
Mentees: First-year students of all disciplines (applies to master students also).*
* Please note: Students of medicine (except for vet and dental medicine) are requested to approach the following (special) program: www.mecum-mentor.de
- LSF_Registration_Mentoring_Basics (1 MByte)